Miscellaneous UK Weather Links
> Weather Forums
> Individuals Blogs, Websites, Podcasts etc
WEATHER ORGANISATIONS BLOGS
- AA (Ireland) - weather blog of the Irish Automobile Association.
- BTO Bird Migration Blog - active especially in spring and autumn.
- DTN's - Global weather blog.
- ICARUS - blog of Irish Climate Analysis & Research Units hosted by Dept of Geography, Maynooth Univ.
- Mendip Weather Blog - Weather related blog from the Somerset based weather station retailer.
- Met Office - The official blog of the Met Office news team.
- metswift blog - company whose mission is to bring climate insights into the hands of every business.
- National Hydrological Monitoring Programme Blog- Updates on the current hydrological situation.
- Nature's Calendar blog - blog from the Woodland Trust.
- NFU Online weather blog - Weather related articles from the National Farmers Union.
- Online Rocksalt's Blog - Wintry weather and gritting.
- Reading University Weather & Climate Blog - recent research activity.
- Royal Meteorological Society News - Regular news updates from the society.
- TWO Buzz - Weather news and views from The Weather Outlook founder Brian Gaze.
- Weather Observations Website (WOW) - Blog from the Met Office about their WOW platform.
WEATHER ENTHUSIASTS & PROFESSIONALS WEBSITES & BLOGS
- AstroGuy - Youtube channel run by a weather & astronomy fan whose posts include monthly videos about astronomical events.
- Bruce Messer's weather diary & periodic updates on various development projects.
- Climate Audit - climate science from (mostly US based) climate scientists.
- Clive Best's
blog - blog mostly focussing on climate science.
- David King's - Weather without technology site.
- Ed Hawkins - Climate Lab Book - climate visuals - show your stripes.
- Eye on the Sky - Brendan Jones's weather photography website.
- Frank Singleton's Website - excellent essential resource for sailors.
- George Booth's Winter 1947 Website - a review of the severe winter that affected the British Isles.
- Ian Collin's Weather Pictures - an excellent
Welsh "weather pictures" page.
- Ian Currie - weatherman
I met once based in Sussex.
- John Kennedy's blog - climate scientist who specialises in climate monitoring. (new)
- John Mason's website - severe weather photography in mid-Wales.
- John S. Reid's weather pages supporting a course in Meteorology & Astronomy at Aberdeen University.
- Lee Chapman's Wetroads - guide to British fords, watersplashes & tidal roads.
- Leeds Weather Centre - commentary on weather forecasts & conditions and how it all works from Rob Brooks. (new)
- Liam Dutton's personal website (new) & Liam Dutton's Channel 4 Weather Blog - 'highs and lows' blog from Channel 4 weather presenter
- Mark Baker's
Metpod Engineering - Meteorological calculators, AWS design, sensor interfacing.
- Mark Vogan's
UK/Ireland Blog - diverse range of articles (including Scottish mountain walk reports).
- Martin McKenna's
Night Sky Hunters Page - huge array of photos and sky observing advice.
- Martin Rowley's
Page - lots of useful info about meteorology (archive of site still available).
- Metbrief - Useful weather links page from Jon O'Rourke.
- Metjam - Weather thoughts and forecasts.
- Michael Fish's Website - Former BBC TV weather forecaster.
- Mike Trigger's Weather Info Website (+ site backup here) - Large array of weather links.
- Norman Lynagh's Peak District Weather - A blog, weather observations & weblinks for the Peak District.
- Not a lot of people know that - Paul Homewood's climate change, CET and tornado blog.
- Paul Brookers Ocean Weather Ships - contains a fascinating collection of photos and memories.
- Paul Hudson's Weather Blog - BBC Look North's weather presenters blog.
- Paul Richard's Stithians Weather - a wealth of mostly Cornish weather records & photographs plus synoptic charts & much more. (new)
- The late Philip Eden's weather records & UK Climate sites - links to his sites on the internet archive.
- Richard Dixon's CatInsight blog - blog about catastophe modelling, weather hazards, climate change etc.
- Dr Richard J Wild's Site - excellent website full of research & information about snow & blizzards.
- Roger Brugge's
Link List - excellent general link list.
- Ryan Saundy's UK Weather Watcher - forecasts and musings on the UK weather.
- Sam Jowett's
Photo Weather - excellent photographic website.
- Sam Whitfield's
UK Weather Chase - weather chaser also with a presence on Twitter.
- Scott Whitehead's
Wantead Weather - Meteorology-based musings about east London and beyond.
- SnowWatch UK - Provide regular updates during periods of wintry weather.
- Social Metwork - PhD student blog from the Department of Meteorology, University of Reading.
- Sryan Bruen's
Climatology of the British Isles - Encyclopedia for the history of weather in the British Isles.
- Steve McIntyre's
Climate Audit - blog primarily concerned with auditing current climate publications.
- Susan & Martyn's Ossett weather allotment & gardening blogs plus gardening diary, their regular vlogs & much more! (new)
- Trevor Harley's British Weather Site - lots of interesting articles and his own weather records. (updated)
- Weatherman79 - a blog offering musings from deep within the weather industry.
> Other Miscellaneous UK Weather Links